Glass Shelves Product Info
Glass shelving has a much more appealing look than wood shelves. It allows light throughout a cabinet and adds a touch of elegance.
Below are a few facts and tips about our glass shelving products.
- Our glass shelving has the highest quality edgework in the industry. Each shelf has all 4 edges high polished with a double aris cut on the top and bottom of edge to give the shelf a jeweled appearance.
- JADE shelving is STANDARD PLATE GLASS and will have a dark green edge.
- STARFIRE shelving is an UPGRADE and will have a light green edge.
- Starfire is much more attractive in a lit cabinet (60% clearer edge w/slight green edge).
- Shelving size will have a +/- 1/16” tolerance.
- Glass shelving is NOT tempered. Tempered glass is much more susceptible to scratching.
- MEASURE TWICE AND ORDER ONCE! Glass shelving should be the same size as the original wood shelf if using the same supports as wood shelves.
- If using other shelf support pins, shelf size may need to be slightly bigger than original wood shelf. Measure cabinet interior width and depth and deduct 1/8” from width and depth.
- We recommend all shelves over 24” to be 3/8” thick.